Search This Blog

This blog....

...is really just me transferring a folder of papers - scientific or otherwise - that I give my trainees at the start of their time with me, along with my ISCP profiles and any other (even barely) relevant stuff that I wanted to share. I thought I would put it online, and as things stand it is in an entirely open access format. I welcome any comments, abuse, compliments, gifts etc
This blog has embedded pdf files. They are linked to Google Drive and will not work on computers which deny access to that, such as many NHS workstations. Some browsers are better than others for this, such as Firefox or Chrome. The files can be read within the blogpost or opened separately via the icon in their top right hand corner, which also allows you to download and save them, if you want. It should be tablet and smartphone friendly.

Translate

Sunday 9 July 2017

Why did you want to be an orthopaedic surgeon?

According to Wikipedia, a Venn diagram is a diagram that shows possible logical relations between a finite collection of different sets."  History buffs will further be fascinated to know that Venn diagrams were introduced in 1880 by John Venn in  a paper entitled On the Diagrammatic and Mechanical Representation of Propositions and Reasonings in the "Philosophical Magazine and Journal of Science", about the different ways to represent propositions by diagrams.

The author takes his role in applying such concepts in science and graphical representation to this blog very seriously.

So here, according to Facebook, I believe (not my scene), is the genesis of an orthopaedic surgeon...




Makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment